February 27, 2009

What a Week!

WELL fellow blog writers, HELLO THERE....

What a week or two have I had... Well not that exciting during the weekdays BUT last weekend was filled with friends and laughter! Friday Craig and I went to Naracoorte for the TAFE Graduation Dinner... Nice night EXCELLENT baked Lemon Meringue Cheesecake!!!! DIVINE... Apart from the cheesecake it was a great opportunity to catch up with friends and have a child FREE day, evening, night and day... YAY!!!! A whole night sleep without little visitors!!! ALWAYS a welcome event! Thanks Maria for letting us stay at your place... The journey to and from naracoorte... Bliss... no fighting, whinging, whining, bored girls!

The week leading up to the trip I received my kit but didn't get the opportunity to have a good look....But on the Saturday Night after we got home I did just that... I spent the whole night assembling my stamps and watching "JAWS"... Then it was Sunday...

Donna got to my house round 9:45am and we headed off to the scrap booking and stamping fair, where we met up with: Sue, Jane, Kathryn and Trish... The best part of the day for me was taking those girls to 'Camelot Studios'... I think it is one of the BEST shops for paper craft supplies!!!! It just goes on and on with every nook and cranny ready to explore!!! Kathryn cracked me up we went to the shed to look at paper and all I could hear was Kathryn saying "OOH Susie look at this!" and various "oohs and arhhs!" I think it is safe to say that little excursion was worth it!!!

Then Ikea... Got My Kitchen Clock... Finally! Then after one very fun filled... full day it was time to go home! That night, after spending the night before assembling my stamps, I finally got to play with my new stamps! I must say I was very impressed by the "Stampin' Scrub" and "mist" Makes cleaning stamps very easy with less mess and NO wipes necessary!!! LOVE IT!

Then I placed my very first order... after a couple of practice runs... Yay! Now I am diligently waiting for the postman to bring it... I reckon it should be here Monday or Tuesday!

Went to the 'Caravan & Camping Show' yesterday and bought a shuttle chef... What's that I hear you say? Well it is made by "Thermos" and it is basically an non-electrical slow cooker! You cook up and simmer your food for a few minutes, pop it into the outer cooker shut the lid and come back in a few hours and dinner is cooked.... We have been thinking of getting one for ages. It will make dinner and breakfast (wake up to hot porridge) so much easier when camping! I hope! I made a rice pudding last night and it is yummy. I have got a casserole and vegies on for tonight! Bit more prep in morning... but if we get into camp later than planned at least we will have dinner waiting! Then clean up cook up porridge and hot breaky in the morning!

I hope I can get to play with my new stash some time today! By the way peoples I have got a retired list of stampin up products! Lots of stuff being farewelled... Only availiable until 31st march unless sold out earlier!!!

MWA

2 comments:

  1. And what a fun day it was too. I think I will have to start saving for another trip to Camelot,lol. OK, we need lots of photos, your new clock ON the wall, your new stamps [ohh,yummy] and some of those cute little girls. Must check out the cooker thingie, love the idea of waking up to hot porridge in winter(yep, another fave season, I guess I should have said any season except summer is my fave,lol] There is one of the stamps on the retired list I want, have been humming and hahhin about it for a year now but seeing as it is not going to be available again I had better buy it. Nothing like being told you can't have something to makeyou want it more. will email you with the order.
    cheers
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful....I just "Tagged" you!! Xx

    ReplyDelete