March 12, 2009

Hello All My Blogg Friends

Well here is yet another sad (slightly selfish) story about the victorian bushfires! About a month ago I bid on and won a pair of very nice Red (my favourite colour) sling back high heels on Ebay! so I promptly paid for them and waited in anticipation for them to arrive!

After about 10 days I started to get annoyed (only a little). So I checked my pay pal transaction and it had gone 'unclaimed'. So then I was curious!!! So I checked where the item was... Bendigo Victoria! Then I started to worry... NOT about my shoes but about the seller's welfare! My next step was to contact the seller... So I sent her a message via E-mail! After no response from that I was very concerned... so I contacted E-bay! They told me to contact the seller... (and how to go about getting their contact information)...

I received an email from ebay with her details... but believe it or not couldn't bring myself to call her!

Eventually, I did call the number... only to be told, "Please check the number you are calling... this number cannot be connected..." I felt sick!

I have drawn the conclusion that my shoes have been destroyed... but I pray that the seller has only lost her possessions and not her life!!!

I have since contacted ebay and paypal and my order was automatically cancelled after 30days that the money went unclaimed! As much as I loved those shoes... I am happy to go barefoot if only the seller is safe!

So I suppose the 'moral' to this story is even though something as devistating as a horrific bushfire a fair way from home... can still impact you on a personal level! Even if it is an insignificant pair of shoes!!!

So for all those who pray... pray for my seller her name was Courtney... and everyone else affected by the fire! IF you don't pray light a candle in memory of those who fell during the fires and for all those left homeless and for all those people who are helping get those people back on their feet!

Also do me a favour and tell the ones you love that you love them... or give them a cuddle or something loving... We never ever know when our lives will end or when something devistating may happen... SO MAKE EVERY MOMENT COUNT!!!

Sorry for this little bit of sadness! But lets find the silver lining... even if it is to make our life more fullfilling and happy!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. OMG I really hope she is alright!!! And that you find some more red shoes! Xx

    ReplyDelete